Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Reply To Reader: Why Are You Seeking Barbara Garcia's Resignation?

A dedicated reader asks via email : "I am not clear as to why you are seeking Barbara Garcia's resignation." Below is my reply.

Dear ------------------------- :

All I asked from her was a simple acknowledgement of "The Agreement" (see April 22, 2016 post on www.defundbakerplaces.blogspot.com).  I made it clear via register mail that all I wanted was some verbal agreement that she took the allegations of mismanagement and abuse seriously. By maintaining silence in what appears to be a lack of needed oversight on her part (i.e., she failed to properly supervise Jonathan Vernick for the past 6 years of her tenure), she shows she supports abuse and because it's been going on for nearly 30 years, I believe he is actively engaged in torture.

The only response Garcia has given me is "we will have a meeting about this" (February 12, 2016 at 101 Grove Street); this is before she lied and said a public announcement resolving the leadership crisis would be made in mid-February and then later claimed it would be resolved the first week of March.

Please note that although having a studio apartment is nice, it of no importance compared to the abuse people must tolerate by dealing with Jonathan Vernick. In other words, I believe abuse of human beings is wrong and Garcia approves of it: SILENCE=DEATH!

While I am grateful for your kind assistance, perhaps you could email Garcia and ask her why she wants this public confrontation. Thank you for sharing your insights.

Sincerely Yours,


Harry Petersen

No comments: