Monday, June 20, 2016

Reader Challenges the Accuracy of Tom Mesa's statement: "Vernick is a bully!"


In a surprising email, I just had someone question the accuracy of my reporting: On April 7, 2016 near the conclusion of a meeting with Tom Mesa, a representative of the Department of Public Health, I had noted on point 18 (see May 7, 2016 post on this blog) that employees had complained that Jonathan Vernick, the CEO of Baker Places, had dementia; in reply Mr. Mesa said, “No, he’s a bully!”

This statement was confirmed:

  • Immediately after the meeting in talking to one of the witnesses who was present.

 

  • In a telephone conversation on April 8, 2016 in which a witness who was present and I (Harry Petersen) recapped the meeting.

 

Also, note that I emailed Mr. Mesa on April 8, 2016 about my notes of the meeting; while I did not include the “bully” statement in this email, they were part of my contemporaneous notes from the previous day.

Also, I received an email from a witness on May 9, 2016 in which the above claims were not challenged, but there was a concern about protecting Mr. Mesa from getting into trouble.

Please note: I have prided myself on being accurate. Where I have misstated a point, I welcome corrections. In this case, however, all the independent lines of evidence show that my reporting was accurate. My purpose is to arrive at the truth. I wish to thank this reader for the email challenging this statement.

No comments: